Welcome friends!

This is a forum to share tips, advice and ideas about nutrition, fitness and well-being. I also invite you to join me in my yoga practice at 24 Hour Fitness. It is an 1 hour vinyasa yoga class, also called "flow" yoga. The poses move fluidly, the breath linking each pose to the next. This practice will create strength, flexibilty, endurance and balance leading to a sense of wellness and mental awareness. I hope to see you there! The class schedule will be updated on the blog as it changes.

Labels

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Its the season for training!

Spring has arrived! Today the sun is finally shining in Seattle. Now is the time many people start training for half and full marathons, dashes, bike trips, triathalons, you name it! And with all that training brings up the question - What should I eat to help my body preform better and recover faster from the demand of training?

This blog entery from an endurance athlete and RD answers that question. It is full out sound advice and one of the most straightforward and simple summaries that I have seen in a while -
http://www.appforhealth.com/2011/04/essentials-for-eating-for-endurance/

Now fuel up and go train!

No comments:

Post a Comment