Welcome friends!

This is a forum to share tips, advice and ideas about nutrition, fitness and well-being. I also invite you to join me in my yoga practice at 24 Hour Fitness. It is an 1 hour vinyasa yoga class, also called "flow" yoga. The poses move fluidly, the breath linking each pose to the next. This practice will create strength, flexibilty, endurance and balance leading to a sense of wellness and mental awareness. I hope to see you there! The class schedule will be updated on the blog as it changes.

Labels

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Harnessing the Power of the Mind

The yoga work shop I attended this weekend focused on how the thoughts in our mind create our reality. Often times we can rid our selves of back pain, move away from living in fear and feeling stagnant in our lives just by re-framing our thoughts. With practice we can change our thoughts to "I feel healthy and strong," instead of "I can't shake this pain in my back." "I feel safe and secure in the world," rather than "I feel scared and hopeless." "I feel grateful for the success and upcoming prospects in life," rather than "I am stuck in my job." As you practice this positive affirmations thinking positively will begin to feel natural to you.

Here are some ideas to get the process started:
-Keep a gratitude journal - write down daily a few things you are grateful for
-Write a list of goals - write them in present tense, visual yourself accomplishing them, feel the emotions associated with accomplishing this goal
-Create a manta that speaks true for yourself: "I am a happy person" "I speak with confidence" "I am peaceful". Say it daily and write it down and have it posted where you will see it frequently

One last thought to leave you with:
"Pain can only feed on pain. Pain cannot feed on joy. It finds it quire indigestible."
-Eckhart Tolle

No comments:

Post a Comment