Welcome friends!

This is a forum to share tips, advice and ideas about nutrition, fitness and well-being. I also invite you to join me in my yoga practice at 24 Hour Fitness. It is an 1 hour vinyasa yoga class, also called "flow" yoga. The poses move fluidly, the breath linking each pose to the next. This practice will create strength, flexibilty, endurance and balance leading to a sense of wellness and mental awareness. I hope to see you there! The class schedule will be updated on the blog as it changes.

Labels

Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 Resolutions

I have many resolutions for 2011, goals for both my personal life and work life. One of my resolutions is to follow a detox/elimination diet for 21 days. In general this entails cutting out gluten, dairy, soy, coffee, alcohol, red meat, members of the nighshade family and chocolate and adding in lots of fruits, vegetables, brown rice, chicken and fish.

My typical day will look a lot like this:
AM: get up and have green tea
Breakfast: smoothie: almond milk, brown rice protein powder, handful of fruit; multivitamin and probiotic
Snack: nuts (excluding peanuts, pistachios, and macadamias) and fruit
Lunch: any combonation of lean white meat/fish, vegetable, grain such as brown rice or quinoa
Snack: carrots and hummus or celery and sunflower butter
Dinner: Another smoothie

for more information on this check out The Clean Program website

I predicted that giving up coffee would be the most difficult part for me, however I am on day 2 the substitution of green tea has been a great stand in so far. I have cheated already though! I had some tomato salsa, which is not allowed! Oh well, not the worst cheat I could have made. More to come on my progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment